In life there are innumerable side streets where we may encounter the Side Street God, even if we’re not looking. Our encounters come in many different ways. Not one encounter with the Side Street God is ever exactly the same. The encounters can be ordinary or profound, life-enabling or life-changing. Some encounters we may not even be aware of. in some, we may even reject the Side Street God.
The side streets are full of stories that need to be shared with those who wander the side streets in search of the Side Street God. Some of those stories might even encourage those who have yet to enter the side streets in search of the Side Street God to do so.
Here on the side streets of The Side Street God Website the stories take different shapes and forms. They could very well be in the form of poem or cartoon. Maybe a song or shaped by a bit of fantasy. Each street suggests something about meeting the Side Street God in a particular way. In the website, each street page starts with a piece about the theme of the street.
As you explore The Side Street God Website I invite you to think about what you might share with us about your travels along the side streets of life and meeting (not meeting) the Side Street God. As wander, there is ample opportunity for creative engagement with both the streets and the Side Street God. Engagements that I encourage you to share.
Stories can be subtle, with little or no mention of the Side Street God. Yet, the reader is able to sense the Side Street God’s presence (or perhaps not appearing to be present) through the dialog/content. As the Side Street God celebrates all life without exclusion, the Side Street God website seeks likewise to be inclusive in both content and with those who write content.
Remember your encounter may be just what another person wandering the side streets needs to hear. And besides, it is always better to wander side streets and to poke into the nooks and crannies with a sidekick. And while your wandering, check out Theo’s Pub to share in some good conversation about the side streets and the Side Street God.
If you would like to submit a piece, please contact me with your idea and I will set things into motion. Generally, essays are around 500 words in length. Longer and shorter pieces will also be considered. However, before you submit meet a piece please read below, “A Few Things to Consider Before You Submit”
A Few Things to Consider Before You Submit
Submissions must reflect the nature of the Side Street God:
- The Side Street God is both LOVE and loving.
- The Side Street God celebrates ALL of life. There are no exclusions.
- The Side Street God is NOT about rules, absolutes, dogma and condemnation.
- The Side Street God DOES NOT CARE who you are.
- The Side Street God DOES NOT CARE if you believe or not. [If you don’t believe, share that, but be loving and honest in doing so.]
General Criteria for submissions:
- The Side Street God website is about searching after the Side Street God, even unknowingly. For some, the Side Street God is an encounter, while for others the Side Street God may remain hidden, and for some., rejected.
- Submissions may reflect upon wandering the side streets of live, encountering or not, or even rejecting the Side Street God.
- Side Street God submissions should address one of the Side Street themes.
- Story submissions can be subtle, with little or no mention of the Side Street God. Yet, the reader is able to sense the Side Street God’s presence through the dialog/content.
- Side Street God submissions do not need to be first person. They can even be fictional if they in some are about meeting the Side Street God.
- All media genres are considered as long as they meet the criteria.
- Submissions from all faith persuasions, Christian & non-Christian, as long as the thinking is progressive and meets the criteria.
- The Side Street God website is about loving humanity and nature. Such love excludes nastiness, rudeness, and devaluing.
- The Side Street God website is not the place for denominational, theological or political polemics of any kind.
- The Side Street God website is not the place for puff pieces or the self-promotion of your stuff.
- Submissions are freely shared with the Side Street God website. (Sadly, I am not in the position to provide an honorarium.)
- Each submission, unless you request otherwise, will include your name and appropriate links to your website(s) and social media, along with a brief bio. Although Side Street God is copyrighted and may be shared through the website sharing link, you retain the copyright to your submission.
- For pieces other than artwork/cartoons we will provide a suitable image as the feature image unless you have an image you would like to use.
- All images that are not your own must be credited. If it is copyrighted we may not be able to use it.
- The Side Street God website will consider pieces previously posted elsewhere. The website post will note that.
- You will be added as a “User” in order to receive notice of, and respond to comments. If you do not wish to be a “User” please let me know when we discuss your submission